Acre is currently hiring a full-time Training Coordinator – see the description below:
Acre Family Child Care (AFCC) is a nationally recognized non-profit that has been serving children, women, and families in Lowell since 1988. Our holistic approach helps women achieve economic independence by providing the educational and technical support needed to create sustainable home-based family childcare businesses. AFCC’s network of 60+ family childcare homes provide high-quality care for nearly 400 children in Lowell every day.
The Training Coordinator is a full-time position (40 hours per week) reporting to the Co-Executive Directors.
The coordinator is responsible for managing a wide variety of activities including the coordination of all agency training activities, development and delivery of workshops on early childhood and childcare topics, making information accessible and respectful of diverse cultures, and supporting and assisting educators seeking to improve their program.
- Establish training calendar and manage all logistics (training locations, presenters, translation services, food, evaluation, etc.) related to training sessions and ensure the integrity of the curriculum, adult education techniques, and the overall program philosophy
- Update and deliver AFCC’s proprietary Childcare Quality Benchmark Training program. The program covers a wide range of topics related to running a successful childcare program, typically takes place over multiple Saturdays, and is required for all educators beginning with AFCC
- Stay informed about educators and childcare needs, regulations and requirements from the Department of Early Education and Care, and research on best practices in the fields of Early Education and Care and Family Childcare, to support the growth and development of all AFCC educators
- Represent AFCC to the field and community-at-large to foster AFCC’s image and to advocate for linguistically and culturally responsive curriculum and training materials for family childcare educators
- Assist with the development of grant proposals and reports
- Attend regular meetings and communicate with other AFCC staff on training related topics
- Perform home visits and observations to support family childcare educators
- Coordinate and lead special event programming for children and families
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong communication skills, ability to balance multiple activities, and detail oriented
- Available for occasional evening and weekend hours
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Access to reliable transportation
- Acre Family Child Care in an equal opportunity employer; we encourage individuals of all backgrounds
Required for Consideration:
Please include a cover letter and resume as part of your application
Send via email: