Reporting to the Co-Executive Director, the Training Coordinator is a full-time position (40 hours per week) responsible for managing a wide-variety of activities. This includes the coordination of all agency training activities, development and delivery of individual workshops on various Early Childhood and Child Care related topics, work to make information accessible and respectful of diverse cultures, and support and assistance to Providers seeking to improve their program.
- Establish annual training calendar and manage all logistics (training locations, presenters, translation services, food, evaluation, etc.) related to training sessions and ensure the integrity of the curriculum, adult education techniques, and the overall program philosophy
- Update and deliver AFCC’s proprietary Child Care Quality Benchmark Training program as necessary. This program covers a wide range of topics related to running a successful child care program, is required for all Educators beginning with AFCC, and typically takes place over multiple Saturdays.
- Stay informed about Provider and child care needs, regulations and requirements from the Department of Early Education and Care (particularly QRIS), and research on best practices in the fields of Early Education and Care and Family Child Care, to support the growth and development of all AFCC Providers
- Represent AFCC to the field and community-at-large to foster AFCC’s image and to advocate for linguistically and culturally responsive curriculum and training materials for family child care providers
- Assist with the development of grant proposals and reports
- Attend regular meetings and communicate with other AFCC staff on training related topics
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Early Education experience 1 year – required
- Strong communication skills, ability to balance multiple activities, and detail oriented are a must
- Bilingual English/Spanish – required
- Available for occasional evening and weekend hours
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Acre Family Child Care in an equal opportunity employer; we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply
Required for Consideration:
- Please include a cover letter and resume as part of your application
- Questions or additional materials may be sent to Lucas@acrefamily.org
Acre Family Child Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer